If you have been approved as an adopter by East Coast Maine Coon Rescue (and the foster mom/dad), please complete the below ECMCR Adoption Agreement:
By completing, signing and dating this ECMCR Adoption Agreement, I agree to the following:
If you have been approved as an adopter by East Coast Maine Coon Rescue (and the foster mom/dad), please complete the below ECMCR Adoption Agreement:By completing, signing and dating this ECMCR Adoption Agreement, I agree to the following:
- To care for the ECMCR cat by providing proper food, water and shelter.
- To provide medical treatment for the ECMCR cat as necessary and as recommended by my vet to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of my new cat.
- To contact ECMCR immediately should I no longer be able to care for my new ECMCR cat. I agree that ECMCR is responsible for this cat for the duration of his/her life. All cats adopted from ECMCR must be returned to ECMCR if the adopter can no longer care for the cat.
- I will not take the ECMCR cat to an animal shelter or animal control facility or other animal rescue or transfer ownership of the adopted ECMCR cat in any way, shape or form without the express written approval of ECMCR in advance.
- To care for my new ECMCR cat as a family pet.
- I understand and agree to return the ECMCR cat to ECMCR at any period of time, for the duration of his/her life, and that a refund of the ECMCR adoption donation will only be given if the return of the above-named cat is within 28 days or less of the date the cat entered my home.
- I understand and agree that if I am adopting an ECMCR kitten under the age of 6 months OR any ECMCR cat or kitten that is not already spayed/neutered, I will provide ECMCR with a prepaid Spay/Neuter Agreement/Contract and receipt. (Spay/Neuter Agreement/Contract to be provided by ECMCR foster mom or case manager.
- I understand and agree to keep my ECMCR cat indoors at all times except under restraint by a leash and supervised by me at all times. Under no circumstances will I allow my ECMCR cat outdoors unsupervised.
- I agree to never declaw my ECMCR cat. Declawing is inhumane and will cause serious pain, health problems and litter box issues.
- I will provide necessary food, water, a bed, litter box, cat litter, a scratching post, and vetting care for my ECMCR cat.
- I understand that owning a cat is costly and agree to, am willing and able, to provide the necessities for the well-being of my ECMCR cat.
I further understand and agree that:
- ECMCR has not misled me about the adoption of my ECMCR cat.
- ECMCR has been honest with me regarding the medical care that my ECMCR cat has received. I will not hold ECMCR responsible for any other health-related issues from this day on.
- ECMCR accepts no responsibility for any liability arising from any injury or damages to any person or property cased by my ECMCR cat.
- ECMCR volunteers have the right to contact me at any time regarding the care and on-going well-being of my ECMCR cat.
- All of the information that I have provided on my application and throughout the application process is true and I have not misled ECMCR with respects to any information provided.
- If I do not fulfill the terms of the ECMCR adoption agreement, ECMCR has the right to reclaim my ECMCR cat.
You will get an email with your responses upon completion.
ECMCR Adoption Donation Fees:
Purebred Maine Coon Kitten with papers – $400
Purebred Maine Coon Kitten without papers – $350
Maine Coon Mix kittens altered (spayed or neutered) – $225
Maine Coon Mix kittens (if too young to spay/neuter) with a prepaid s/n contract – $175
Non Maine Coon cats/kittens (DSH etc.) – $135
Purebred Maine Coon Young Adult with papers (1 – 6 years) – $325
Purebred Maine Coon Young Adult without papers (1 – 6 years) – $275
Purebred Maine Coon Adult with papers (7 – 10 years) – $275
Purebred Maine Coon Adult without papers (7 – 10 years) – $225
Special Needs Cats – $175 (all)
Maine Coon Mix Adults (1 – 9 years) – $200.00
Senior Mixes 10 years and older/Senior Purebred Maine Coon without papers 11 years and older – $175
Senior Maine Coon with papers 11 years and older – $175
Senior-to-Senior Adoptions – $75
Transportation – $100 unless adopter drives halfway
There is a $50 discount for adopting 2 cats or kittens (any combination)
No small kittens (under 6 months) to homes with children under 9 years old. Exceptions can be made with 7 year old children if pets are already in the home and children are respectful of those pets.
My electronic signature below guarantees that I will abide by the above agreement.
I have read and understand and agree to fulfill the terms of the ECMCR adoption agreement.